Understanding a psycho-educational evaluation
Understanding a psycho-educational report can be challenging for parents due to the use of educational and technical jargon. I can help parents to understand the report, know the strengths and weaknesses of your child, and suggest strategies that you can use at home to help your child flourish and become more self-confident.
Creating an individualized learning program for your child
Bindiya can provide guidance in:
- Creating appropriate and measurable learning goals for students
- Articulating the scope and sequence of instruction to attain the desired academic goals
- Advocating for your child in their school
- Asking teachers to provide accommodations and modifications as per your child’s rights.
Working with tutors for remediation
Often, students need remediation and practice on certain skills. I work with tutors to
- Update their knowledge of appropriate and effective strategies
- Create appropriate and measurable learning goals for students
- Articulate the scope and sequence of instruction to attain the desired academic goals
- Develop materials for instruction
- Create formative and summative assessments to measure progress
- Create a progress monitoring system
Coordinating services for your child
Sometimes, students require multiple therapies simultaneously (e.g. Occupational therapy, Speech and language therapy, remediation). Bindiya can help you locate reputable practitioners and oversee the services being provided. Bindiya will liaise between you and your child’s therapists in order to more effectively manage your child’s learning.