Bindiya offers tutoring services in the areas listed below. The students accepted have demonstrated significant struggle in school, despite support from the classroom teacher. Bindiya will work with both teachers and parents to understand the needs of the student. She will then customize the tutoring sessions according to each student.
Students will attend at least 2 one-hour tutoring sessions per week as a predetermined and regular time slot, to ensure the best possible learning and outcomes.
Reading Comprehension and Strategies
Use a variety of comprehension strategies to understand components such as main idea, inferencing, cause and effect, word meaning in context, drawing conclusions and summarizing.
Understanding how Math Works
Conceptual understanding of fractions, geometry, algebra, and other math topics
Word-problem solving strategies
- Use a variety of strategies to teach all steps of the writing process: planning, outlining, drafting, editing and reviewing.
- Use strategies to write a basic paragraph, or a five-paragraph essay
- Using evidence to support writing
- Using different sentence types to vary sentence structure
- Proofreading and mechanics
Decoding and Spelling
- Diagnostic assessment
- Explicit instruction
- Progress monitoring
- Summative assessment
Organization and Study Skills
- Day to day time-management
- Long-term project management
- Organization of materials
- Organization of workspaces
- Effective note-taking
- Exam review strategies